« Home | Why blog? » | New Cardinals » | Liturgics » | Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller » | Summer update » | Believing and Belonging » | an easter narrative and the meaning of life » | Season Preview » | spring break update » | the quest for certainty » 

8.11.2006 

Preaching

I'm in the middle of preparing my first "real" (i.e. non-classroom) sermon and realizing how conflicted my view of homiletics actually is.

I've been taught a certain way of preaching here at Covenant and I'm not even sure if it's a good way in general for scripture to be communicated, not to mention if it's a good way for me in particular to communicate scripture.

Turns out it's one thing to think you know what a passage means and another to articulate it.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
eXTReMe Tracker Get Firefox!